Friday, September 25, 2015

Cheese Corn Dogs


I came across this recipe from Happy Cooking Recipes and so tempted to try it out. Not sure whether it was due to the fresh milk I used instead of Buttermilk, the batter seems to be very watery and I have to add more flour to thicken it. My suggestion is do not add the milk all at once, add little by little to see the consistency. The Corn Dogs turned out delicious and everyone ate with big thumbs up!

There were a few steps that I did it my way and wanted to record for my future reference.
  • followed the original recipe using cup measurements (though I very much prefer in gram).
  • found this packet of cornmeal (Polenta) in NTUC supermarket.
  • used 1 cup Fresh Milk in replace of 11/2 cups Buttermilk (Note: do not add all at once, add gradually till thick batter).
  • used Cheese Hotdogs as my kids love them.
  • did not put the satay sticks first as my frying pan too small so I only skewed after frying.

Cornmeal
Recipe with modifications

Ingredients 

1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup plain four
1/4 sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg (beaten)
1 cup fresh milk
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp honey
2 pkts of cheese hotdogs
Satay sticks
Oil for frying

Directions

1. In mixing bowl, add cornmeal, plain four, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together.
2. Add beaten egg, milk, oil and honey and mix till well combined (batter should be a little thick).
3. Wipe cheese hotdogs dry with a paper towel. Dip hotdogs into batter and slowly lower into the hot oil.
4. Fry till all sides golden brown, remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain off excess oil.
5. Skew with satay sticks and ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment