Sunday, September 13, 2015

Fish Fillet

I am so glad that I am able to get the right batter for my fish fillet and the magic ingredient is Soda Water. Love the crispiness on the outside and juicy inside.  It goes so well with mayonnaise or tartar sauce. I will definitely cook my favourite Fish & Chips soon!


Ingredients

4 pieces frozen sutchi fish fillet
Dash of pepper and salt
100g rice flour
Oil for frying

Batter 
220g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
370g soda water

Directions

1. Season fish fillet with salt and pepper for at least 1 hour
2. In a mixing bowl, use batter with a hand whisk.
3. Pat the fish in the rice flour and coat them with the batter.
4. Heat oil in a pot, deep fry fish fillet until golden brown. Drain off excess oil.
5. Serve with chips, salad or rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment